Cincom Systems abides by the Safe Harbor framework as set forth by the United States Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use and retention of information collected from the European Union. Cincom Systems complies with the requirements of the Safe Harbor Act and annually files the appropriate certification with the United States Department of Commerce.
What kind of information do we gather?
Cincom gathers implicit information based on your visit and uses that data so that we may enhance our products for you. Cincom is an international organization with offices located in 23 countries. Cincom is headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio in the United States. Therefore, personal information you provide to Cincom is protected in a manner consistent with the laws of the United States.
Some of the information that we gather comes from the following sources:
- Participation in a survey or questionnaire
- Registration screens and online forms
- Communication via the Cincom SupportWeb® or other forms of support services
- Technical information such as Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, passwords, computer/connection information, browser type and version, operating system, platform, etc.
- Delivery and address information from Cincom carriers and/or other third parties. This information is used to update our records and make future communication easier.
- The articles you select to read are captured and entered into a personal interest profile.
What does Cincom do with the information you provide?
We use the information we collect about you to provide a more personalized browsing experience. Some of the information you provide is used for the following purposes:
- Response to your requests
- Personalizing some of the web content and promotions based on your personal-interest profile so that our site becomes increasingly relevant to your needs
- Providing input on your particular needs to our marketing and sales organizations to make current marketing and sales initiatives increasingly relevant to your needs
- Communicating product or services information that might be useful or urgent in nature, including product performance issues or fixes
- Communicating significant website changes or web content information
- Providing future service and support
- Input for future Marketing strategies and/or product promotions
- Input for future educational events, conferences, interactive discussions, public forums, etc.
Site Registration/Login and Logout
If you choose, you may register your name, e-mail address and other information so that the site will recognize you at each visit. In turn, the site will then personalize its content and presentation around your needs and interests. Login and logout is available to keep your profile information confidential from other persons who might use your computer to access the internet.
What about “cookies”?
“Cookies” are small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive. Our cookies do not contain any personally identifying information, but they do enable us to recognize that you are a returning visitor to our website. Even without a cookie, you can enter your e-mail address to access certain portions of our site.
Links to Websites Outside Cincom
Upon occasion, Cincom may provide links to other websites that may be of interest to you. These links are provided as a courtesy of Cincom, and it is likely that the owners of these sites may have their own privacy policies separate from those of Cincom. We suggest that you review these privacy policies before providing personal information. Cincom will have no responsibility or liability for any of these links.
Sharing of Information Received by Cincom
Cincom Systems, Inc. does not sell, trade or rent your personal information to others. Unless we have your permission or are required by law, we will only share the personal data you provide online with other Cincom entities and/or business partners who are acting on our behalf to complete the activities described above. Such Cincom entities and/or business partners, including those located in other countries, are governed by our privacy policies with respect to the use of this data.
Tell Us What You Think
Cincom Systems, Inc. welcomes your questions and comments about privacy. Please send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.